Cheap Airlines from New York (JFK) to Los Angeles (LAX)
The "City of the Angels," also referred to as Los Angeles, has the perfect balance of artificial and natural beauty. With gorgeous beaches and woodlands on one side and exhilarating amusement parks and shopping areas on the other, there is a lot to see and do here.
You can decide to go to Hollywood to see your favorite celebrities or visit Venice Beach with your significant other. For art lovers, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, which has a distinctive collection of modern and contemporary art, is a must-visit location.
Some Information on JFK and LAX Airport
- JFK: It is New York City's primary international airport. The airport, which handled almost 62.5 million passengers in 2019, is the busiest of the six airports in the New York airport system and the busiest international air passenger gateway into North America. It is also the 20th busiest airport in the world. There are direct or nonstop flights from the airport operated by more than 90 airlines to destinations on each of the six inhabited continents.
- LAX: Los Angeles Airport, also known as LAX Airport, is the main international airport servicing the state of California, the Greater Los Angeles Area, and the city of Los Angeles.
The airport is located southwest of Downtown Los Angeles, 12 miles (30 kilometers) away. With four parallel runways and 3,500 acres (1,416 hectares) of growth, LAX, the largest international airport on the West Coast, is noteworthy.
What day of the week is ideal for making travel plans?
You can fly for less if you have the appropriate mindset and are adaptable. The cheapest days to fly are listed below:
- Tuesday and Wednesday—Are you aware that most stores are not busy on weekdays? This is the same. The majority of people choose to leave at the start or end of the week.
- Thursday and Saturday—Get a jump start on the Friday crowd. This applies to your return flight as well. Cut a day off your vacation to save more money.
- Monday through Thursday—These days, there are often discounts available while leaving if you're flying internationally.
Activities in Los Angeles
Los Angeles offers a wide variety of sights and activities, making it challenging to see and do everything while there. But while you're there, you should plan to see a few must-see places.
- Enjoy egg sandwiches and tacos at Grand Central Market: people from all across Los Angeles. mix and match between rows of fruits, vegetables, and vintage signage. Naturally, if you're starving, it's a terrific spot to find inexpensive pupusas, carnitas tacos, and Aguas Frescas, as well as food from attractive, restaurants with a modern aesthetic, such as Shiku, Fat & Flour, Sticky Rice, Sari-Sari, Horse Thief BBQ, Eggslut, McConnell's, and G&B Coffee.
- Visit Rosie's Dog Beach, the only beach where dogs are allowed off-leash: The only permitted off-leash dog beach in Los Angeles County is the four-acre waterfront area. The park is named for Rosie the English bulldog, a late local canine star.
- Take a stroll through the Huntington Library's beautiful gardens: The Huntington has some of the most unique themed gardens in the world. Beautifully maintained outdoor areas in Southern California, particularly its freshly expanded Chinese garden. Both the library and the museum are excellent.
- Ride a bicycle around Echo Park Lake: A family-friendly location deserving of its striking backdrop—the Downtown cityscape amidst the blossoms of lotus flowers, fountains, and the Lady of the Lake statue—the historic Echo Park Lake has finally evolved in recent years.
- Pose in front of the LACMA street lights: Take your selfies under the streetlight. However, failing to venture beyond the attractive installation would be a mistake. Modernist masterpieces, enormous contemporary sculptures, traditional Japanese screens, and by far the best special exhibitions in all of Los Angeles are all included in the collections at LACMA.
Frequently Asked Questions
How far is it via flight to get from New York to Los Angeles?
- The flight distance between New York and Los Angeles is 3956 km.
What is the duration of the flight from New York to Los Angeles?
- New York to Los Angeles takes 6 hours and 11 minutes by flight.
Which airlines provide flights between New York and Los Angeles?
- Some major airlines that offer nonstop flights from New York to Los Angeles are American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Air France, JetBlue Airways, Alaska Airlines, and United Airlines.
What is the typical flight price between New York and Los Angeles?
- The typical flight from New York to Los Angeles can cost between $472 and $725. Typically, making early reservations will help you get the most affordable flights. One of the most reliable strategies to get cheap flights is to book in advance.
When is the most affordable time to travel to Los Angeles?
- The cheapest period to travel by air from New York to Los Angeles is - January, February & September.